Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies are being adopted globally by all industries to drive efficiency, improve productivity and reduce costs. The rail industry is no exception. Fueled by intelligence from AI-driven systems and applications, railway operations are becoming safer, smarter and more reliable, significantly enhancing passenger travel experience and freight logistics services. For rail transportation, AI can provide improvements including fast and convenient ticket-free check-in to accurate arrival-time predictions, personalized infotainment and onboard services, real-time track heath diagnostics, and rapid response in an emergency.
These AI-driven applications only function with proper data input that is collected by massive numbers of Internet of Things (IoT) devices installed in stations, on trains, and along tracks. A successful implementation of such rail applications requires a seamless integration of AI and IoT technologies.
Powered by an Intel® Core™ i7 processor and integrated NVIDIA Quadro MXM module, EN50155 certified AVA-5500 AIoT Platform is not only ruggedized for both wayside and onboard deployment with its wide range DC input and isolated I/O design, but also provides an ideal edge solution for real-time video/graphics analysis applications that are vital to today’s increasingly complex railroad operations. The target applications include but are not limited to:
● Passenger Information Systems
● Railroad Intrusion Detection
● Train Station Surveillance
● Onboard Video Security
● Railroad Hazard Detection
The AVA-5500 is being tested and deployed commercially by leading rail system integrators worldwide. In one application, the intelligent platform is installed on special rail inspection trains to process captured images of key wayside equipment in real-time. With a sophisticated algorithm driven by parallel computing and deep learning, the application can effectively identify potential equipment faults at a train speed of 120km/h, and raise the alarm to notify maintenance crews. In another application, the AVA-5500 is used in a train station control office to analyze the real-time video stream received from the platform. The application is able to not only detect suspicious behaviors and trigger alerts, but also conduct post-event analysis.
To meet varying application requirements, the AVA-5500 is also available in variants featuring an additional two USB 2.0 via M12 connectors and two 2.5″ SATA 6Gb/s drive bays, as well as a version supporting +12VDC power input only.
AVA-5500 can also be deployed for AI-enabled surveillance and video/graphics processing applications in a variety of adjacent markets including mil/aero, public safety, energy and industrial automation.
- 6th/7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processors and NVIDIA Quadro® GPU MXM 3.1 Type A/B module on PCI Express x16
- 8x M12 GbE (4x PoE), 4x RS-422, 4x USB 3.0, 1x DVI-I, 4x DisplayPort with lockable connectors
- Multiple storage options: 2x 2.5″ SATA 6.0 Gb/s drive bays, 1x M.2 2280 slot, 1x CFast socket
- GNSS/3G/4G/WLAN support via 2x Mini PCIe slots and 2x USIM slots
- 4x isolated DI and 4x isolated DO
- MVB/CAN bus support through Mini PCIe add-on module
- Wide range DC input: 24VDC, 36VDC, 72VDC and 110VDC
- EN50155-compliant, rugged, fanless design for harsh operating environments