BY: Lynda Haig Thoresen | Marketing, Communication & Sustainability Manager
Equip for the future with smarter public transportation solutions
Smarter Public transportation Solutions: Many of our public transportation customers face demands to make their systems, solutions and on-board digital surfaces smarter and more equipped for the future.
The transportation and automotive industry are undergoing its largest transformation in decades, driven by multiple new disruptive technologies combined with stricter safety requirements, guaranteed up time, extensive connectivity and environmental requirements. Innovation and technology advances are making the industry more advanced with additional sensors, more embedded software and increased demand for data processing.
A successful digital transition can be both challenging and demanding. Data Respons Solutions is niche supplier of and high-tech solutions to several leading players in the transport and automotive industry. We have extensive experience in developing smarter, connected and digital software – and hardware solutions for the public transportation industry.
Equip for the future
Many of our public transportation customers face demands to make their systems, solutions and on-board digital surfaces smarter and more equipped for the future. We are regularly challenged to provide flexible solutions that utilises the latest technologies, usually only reserved for high volume consumer products, that fulfills public transport vehicle requirements.
Specialist knowledge in specific regulatory requirements and standards
Over the years, we have gained extensive experience in developing innovative solutions matching the rugged environment criteria in the public transportation market. Our specialist knowledge in specific regulatory requirements and standards combined with our long relationships with major players in the segment has led to our on-board solutions being installed in more than 15.000 vehicles. Sound knowledge of specific rules and standards is necessary to carry out safe, punctual, and efficient operations.
- E-mark ECE reg.118. Technical prescriptions concerning the burning behaviour of materials used in the interior construction of certain categories of motor vehicles.
- E-mark ECE reg.10. Requirements for Electromagnetic compatibility in emission and / or immunity
- EN50155: When installing electronic equipment on rolling stock for railway, it must comply with certain criteria for environmental, shock, vibration, power supply, EMC, power surge, ESD and transient factors that can occur when it is in use.
- EN45545 / EN45545-2: EN45545 railway standards on fire safety in rolling stock became mandatory across Europe in 2018 and ensures the safety of people and equipment in railway applications. EN45545-2 specifies the reaction to fire performance requirements for materials and products used on railway vehicles such as seats, flooring and cables.
- EN50121-3-2: Refers to electromagnetic compatibility in Rolling stock
- EN61373: Refers to shock and vibration tests for Rolling stock equipment
ITxPT (both vehicle & railway)
ITxPT is a relatively new working standard for IT systems that aims to standardise technical solutions for next generation mobility. The ITxPT compliance is a quality seal confirming that equipment, software or service is compliant with the ITxPT technical specifications and enables interoperability between IT systems in Public Transportation.